Tools we used:
- Lexos: Used to clean and standardize our data in preparation for our word cloud.
- OpenRefine: Used to clean and combine our data to create items within our Omeka site. Also used to extract prices for price analysis and trends.
- Excel: Used to clean text and gather metadata before transferring items into Omeka.
- StoryMap: Used to create an interactive experience, learning about the history of eggs Benedict.
- GoogleMyMaps: Used to develop a map showing all menu locations that include eggs Benedict.
- WordItOut: Used to create our word cloud to analyze our menus and the items that they contained.
- GoogleDocs: Used to share our documents and data throughout the Omeka development process.
Menus were taken from New York Public Library